Friday, March 30, 2012

ENG101 Unit 2 Final Blog

UNIT 2 Final Blog


Since the half way blog I have not learned anything new per say. The project gave the results that I expected- that people would have a reaction to the genre when it was in a different context. I did come to realize though that we are able to assume that because people had such an adverse reaction to our one altered genre, that they may react to any genre that is altered.  However, we are not able to generalize that finding as a fact - due to the fact that we do not have enough research to back it up. 
The only thing I'm currently struggling with in this class is the Final Blogs. I never know what to write because I feel as if I have written everything I have learned in the half way blog.
One thing I was a little worried about at the beginning of the unit was having to work in a group.  Group work - esp in Gen Ed classes - does not always get evenly shared.  Usually only one or two of the group members end up doing all of the work.


The biggest take-away for me was already stated in my half-way blog. But, it is that now I actually see all writing as writing genres, and I am able to contemplate their construed constraints. Before this unit, I only saw school work or book and poems as genres.


I really enjoyed our project! I thought it was creative, hands-on, and really taught us something that is applicable to every day life! And, I am excited to see what others did for their projects. So, I am glad that you are having us all share in front of the class about our projects and our findings.


(For my comment on another blog, I commented on "Welcome to Renae's Thoughts.")

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't worry too much about the final blogs. You are doing well in this calls, and your work is good. I do like your point, as I've noted before, about the fact that you can't really generalize these research findings. No, but if we take our classes results together, we may come up with some pretty general ideas. That would be one place to expand your thoughts in this final blog. You could also discuss/expand more on what you wrote in your research findings report if you're searching for content. Maybe there's a particularly interesting story that went along with one result, etc., that just couldn't fit in, but really highlights your discussion section. But all in all, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete